Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ere you left your room this morning. . .

Mona got the motem fixed so here goes blog #2. Megs and Jan thanks for your comments. It seems I need a facebook acct to view and send pics so I'll try to get one this week. Last week was another busy one for the Duchesne Three [Mona, Alex and me]. With over 600,000 people reportedly losing their jobs last week I feel shocked and saddened for them and grateful to still be among the employed. Hopefully the economy will soon begin to get some traction. Some of my customers are beginning to show some positive signs. I am especially grateful that our children are also anxiously and in most cases gainfully engaged in good causes. My advice to you is to work smart, steadily and when necessary hard to make a worthwhile contribution worthy of compensation. Along with our own efforts we need to heed the counsel of Amulek as recorded in Alma 34:17-29 to cry unto the Lord for our specific needs and the welfare of those we are concerned about. We need to pay careful attention to his reminder that we remember to be charitable to others otherwise our prayer is vain and availeth us nothing. Lets remember that even when we cannot vocally cry unto the Lord to "let [our] hearts be full. drawn out in prayer unto him continually for [our] welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around [us]." I know that when we are humble and seek to know and do God's will that He surely will lead us by the hand and give us answers to our prayers. Love always, near though far, Ken F

No comments:

Post a Comment